Furnace service is an important part of maintaining the efficiency and longevity of your heating system. As a homeowner, it’s important to understand the cost of furnace service and how it can impact your budget. In this article, we will take a closer look at the cost of furnace service and the factors that can affect it.
Understanding the Cost of Furnace Service:
The cost of furnace service can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of furnace you have, the age of your system, and the complexity of the repair. A routine furnace service, which includes cleaning and inspections, can cost between $75 and $150. More complex repairs, such as replacing a part or overhauling the system, can cost several hundred dollars.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Furnace Service:
- Type of furnace: The type of furnace you have can play a role in the cost of service. Gas or electric furnace will have different service cost. Gas furnace tend to be more expensive to service than electric furnace.
- Age of the furnace: An older furnace may require more repairs and maintenance. As a furnace ages, it may experience more wear and tear, which can lead to more repairs and higher service costs.
- Complexity of the repair: Simple repairs will cost less than more complex repairs. Replacing a small part, such as a filter, will cost less than replacing a major component, such as a heat exchanger.
- Location: Service cost can vary depending on location. Service cost can vary depending on the cost of living and the availability of HVAC technicians in your area.
Tips to Save Money on Furnace Service:
- To save money on furnace service, schedule regular maintenance and cleaning. This can help prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Airpoint offers annual service plans to help you budget for furnace service.
- If you’re experiencing frequent furnace breakdowns or your energy bills are increasing, it may be time to consider replacing your furnace. Newer models are more energy efficient, which can help you save money on energy bills in the long run.
- When choosing an HVAC technician, it is important to ensure that they are licensed and insured. This will ensure that you are getting a professional service, and you will be protected in case of any accidents or damages.
Average Cost of Furnace Repair:
|Type of Repair||Average Cost|
|Simple Repairs (filter replacement)||$75 – $150|
|Intermediate Repairs (motor replacement)||$300 – $600|
|Complex Repairs (heat exchanger replacement)||$800 – $1200|
Annual Furnace Maintenance Costs
Many companies offer annual furnace cleaning and inspection services, with costs ranging from $100 to $300. This cost may seem steep, but it is a small price to pay when considering the cost of furnace repairs.
Additional Furnace Maintenance Costs:
Duct cleaning can add quite a bit to a furnace service call, with prices ranging from $250 to $500. While some experts believe that duct cleaning is not necessary for extending the life of your furnace system, other experts recommend it.
Services Included in a Furnace Maintenance:
- Cleaning of fans and other small parts
- Replacing air filters
- Inspection for and removal of corrosion and soot
In conclusion, the cost of furnace service can vary depending on a number of factors. By understanding these factors and taking steps to maintain your furnace, you can help keep the cost of service down and keep your home warm and comfortable all year long. Contact AirPoint for more information on our service plans and to schedule your next furnace service in Toronto.
To learn more about furnace service cost and maintenance, check out this video by Everyday Home Repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions fo Furnace Service Cost in Toronto
It is recommended to schedule annual maintenance and inspections for your furnace at least once a year, usually before the start of the heating season.
Services typically included in a maintenance appointment are cleaning of fans and other small parts, replacing air filters, and inspection for and removal of corrosion and soot.
The cost of annual furnace maintenance can vary, but typically ranges from $100 to $300. Additional costs, such as duct cleaning, can add an additional $250 to $500.
Opinions on duct cleaning vary, with some experts believing it is not necessary and others recommending it. It is best to consult with a professional HVAC technician to determine if duct cleaning is necessary for your specific furnace system.
The benefits of annual maintenance include ensuring that your furnace is running efficiently, prolonging the lifespan of your furnace, and potentially catching any issues before they become costly repairs.